Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Holidays begin...

I've bought some Christmas presents....we have put up decorations in the house (in complete disrespect of Thanksgiving but we're going to FL for a day or so over the holiday and didn't think we'd feel like putting up a tree next weekend) I'm in the office typing this post while The Family Stone is on in the living room....a great holiday movie. We sat and watched both Charlie Brown specials that have aired. And tonight, we ate at the Hall Family Thanksgiving dinner....I type that in all first letter caps like it's an event but we just get together for a little chow and fellowship. Add all of this up and it signifies the beginning of the holiday season for our family.

I enjoy this time of year but I fully realize that some dread it. Some find reasons to make the holidays grim and negative but I'm not wired that way. I love the gatherings. I love the decorations. I love the smell of cold air - I'm pretty certain that it's not the cold air but the wood burning at neighboring houses that causes this "smell" of the holidays. I love the build up to Christmas and simply hate the let down of taking down the decorations and going back to normal. I push the boundaries of the Christmas rules tend to leave the tree up well into the month of January. I figure it's ok to do so afterward since there are folks already lit up tonight in our neighborhood. But no matter the timing....there is magic in the air and especially living through Reese's eyes - that magic is real.

I've been working on a Thanksgiving post for this next week to sort of set the season into motion and I hope that I can reach out to members of my family, my friends, and the complete strangers that read our blog. This is time to reflect and remember. It's also time to appreciate and to love. This little Hall dinner is becoming the starting bell for my favorite time of year and I'm so glad it's here. It came just in the nick of time this year.

This was one of the better shots of the night....I took alot of blurry pics because little Reese is moving like a streak of lightening now.

No comments: