Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving....

Kim and I love this time of year....and this holiday in particular. We have so many things to be thankful for and all too often (I know this is particularly true for me) we don't give thanks enough. I find myself griping about small things. Things that don't really matter in the grand scheme of life. I find that I'm spoiled beyond my wildest imagination and yet I still want or expect more.

So today, I should turn that around. Giving thanks for blessing so immeasurable that they can never be repaid. Forgiveness from our creator that we don't deserve nor accept often enough. I have not displayed Thanksgiving recently...God didn't have to bless me with Reese. He didn't have to bless Kim and I with reasonable health (sure I have some issues but big deal...there are kids at St. Jude today getting treatment for cancer and I'm here at the house.) He didn't have to bless our home with two incomes this year. He didn't have to forgive all of our mistakes...but he did and he does. All too often I act like a spoiled brat and don't appreciate the simplest things. Thank you....to all of you that have helped Kim and I this year with our new little girl. Thank you to our friends for being there with advice and a laugh. Thank you to our families....and Thank you Lord for little Reese.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and your families. Kim and I wish the very best for all of you and hope that this Christmas season is a blessing to you all.

No comments: