Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 28, 2011

Crazy and tired....

Crazy....that part comes from our signing up for the Peachtree Road race on July 4th.....and actually being picked to run it! They draw from a lottery and I'll be damned if we didn't get picked. The Peachtree is a 10K which is 6.2 miles but even crazier is that I'm running a trail run this weekend here in Woodstock that is 6.5 miles and I haven't run 6.5 miles in forever. I see a tired boy on Saturday! But good training for our 4th of July throwdown!

Tired....because poor Kim has been under the weather with a stomach bug and then we both were jarred awake last night to the Carbon Monoxide sensor going berserk at 1am this morning in the kitchen. Um.....what do you do with that? I mean it was 1am and pouring rain. Do you leave? Call the fire department? Open a window....what? I "think" this was a battery issue, however, I could have made the dumbest mistake ever by just going back to sleep but I replaced batteries and moved the sensors so that they were more likely to detect anything coming near us but the damage was done at that point....You don't want to go to sleep for fear of not waking up and you don't want to just lay there and think when you need to be sleeping. So a cold rain fell last night while we slept with the windows open. Genius right?

Nothing happened today with the sensors and Kim stayed here all day - poor thing was sick as all get out. When it hits her, it HITS her. I felt so bad for her this morning. Anyway....all seems to be better and Kim is slowly on the mend....and we're not feeling terrible from any gases so maybe we'll sleep better tonight.

And start training like crazy! Peachtree Baby!!

2 comments:

Papa Hall said...

I bet those batteries were 9 volt and you did'nt have any on hand ! Sorry,you two are under the weather with tiredness and sickness,and I hope Miss Reese is doing better than you are for her sake anyway ! I'll tell Big Ed about your lottery to run the Peachtree Road Race, Ed will be running his 33rd this July 4th! Train,Train,Train to be able to handle the smoltering heat and humidity! Good Luck on this weekend's race also ! We love you ! And what a great Birthday Party! I think everyone had a great time, I know we did ! Papa and MawMaw

Zane Hollingsworth said...

That's great y'all got in! If you like running in it maybe I'll try to get in next year! Running 6 isn't bad at all, once you get used to it. It's just setting aside 45 mintes or so on your running days to get miles in. Good Luck!