Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Japan....

I've been struggling with the idea to post something about the disaster in Japan because it is uniquely important to me and my family. I work for a Japanese engine manufacturer and I have a decent understanding of where some of these things are happening but I suppose anyone could do so by looking at Google Maps for any period of time. The long and short of it is that I travel for this company, I'm away from my family for this company, I've given almost ten years of my life to this company, and I love what I do. It sucks some days...I get upset with my boss some days....I get stressed out some days, but I never have to hold my head down and sell something that I don't believe in. I appreciate the civility of the Japanese people. They are very structured, traditional, and conservative people. They believe in respect and they will give up something of their own to help someone in need. Yes of course....there are just as many of these people in the U.S. but there are ZERO reports of looting in Japan, there are ZERO calls for the Government to come and save them, there are ZERO areas of blame outside of the issues with the reactors that - in my eyes - can't be averted. I mean Jesus people...the island moved nearly 8 freaking feet. Stuff is bound to happen.

I say all of that to say this....please say a prayer for these people if you haven't already. Not because I work for them. But because they need it. I know we live in a Buy American society and that truly does help our country. But this is a global economy - like it or not - and they are a tremendous ally to the U.S. They provide a way of life that wouldn't exist without their technical prowess....Flash memory, Flat panel TVs, Automobiles, motorcycles, boats, motors, toys, computers, lights, phones, routers, servers, on and on and on.

We need them to be ok and they need prayers. Thanks all.

No comments: