Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 30, 2009

One month check up and a trip to Calhoun....

While I've been on the road this week....Mommy took care of birthday posts and then let the little one stretch her legs a little in Calhoun. We have a pretty decent following at the Calhoun City Hall since my Aunt works there and Kim's Mom does too. The ladies there wanted to check her out...the girls at Kim's old office wanted to check her out...and my Grandmother - newly appointed Great Grandmother - got to meet Reese for the first time as well.

Kim said that all went well and at the end of the day, Reesie Pie was spent.

I got back yesterday and Reese greeted me with a very restful night back at the homestead...she slept almost 9 hours before she woke up looking for some food.....But as we found out at the doctors appointment, that may have been an indicator of something.

We pack up, go to the doctor and check all the vitals. She now weighs 12lbs 7oz and she is 23 1/4 inches long. That's up from 9lbs 10oz and 20 1/2 inches at birth! We got a growing baby!

But...she had a fever of 100.4 on the first check and then another check was something like 99.4....Our doc checked her out pretty well and determined that she has an ear infection in her right ear.

Already? AGGGGHHHH! She also put the fear of God in us about her temperature since babies her age cannot sustain a temperature - low grade or not - without being checked out thoroughly. Meaning blood work, urine, and a possible Spinal tap due to fears of meningitis. Doc said she didn't think that was an issue as her fontanel was not swollen...I guess a typical sign of something serious there.

Kim has checked her temp once and I did when I got home and so far - nothing major. 99.2 with me and around that with Kim. The Doc did give us some meds for the ear infection to knock that down but I'm a little concerned about that because Kim and I both are allergic to penicillin and that's what they gave her.....we're checking with Doc in the morning to see if our allergies may carry over to her. Oh well...I had bad ear issues as a kid so it wouldn't be fair if Reese didn't as well....right?

Enough talk....check out Reese in her Nike outfit and Bubba Gump shirt.












1 comment:

jill said...

my poor little reese!!!!! bless her sweet heart! sophie's had 4 or 5 ear infections and it is NOT fun. i think we've discovered that sophie is allergic to penicillin - which also means that she can't take augmentin, omnicef, or possibly amoxicillin. we found out about her allergy the hard way - yuck! hope you guys are staying sane through all of this!!!!! love on the sweet pea for me please!