Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 17, 2009

Spa night for Pooka...

We give Reese a bath every other night and she has loved it since the first full "in-water" bath. Now she is starting to sort of sit up and slap the water with her hands. It makes for a soaked Mommy and Daddy but it makes for some pretty good laughs too.

Notice the towels everywhere...
Wet bangs after a little face wipe down....
Can I help you? I mean really....check out the scowl. Do not mess with this girl during her hair wash.
I'll veer off subject for just a moment.

After my birthday...I'm done with Summer. Git! Done I tell you. Git on!! And then this evening while walking with Kim and Reese after dinner...I took notice of a major shift in the seasonal tides. The Cherry trees that crowd the entrance to our neighborhood have started dropping leaves. Oh yes...I love it. I love Fall with more passion that a normal person should. Fall is a man's season....Fresh air, cool air, camp fires, football, tailgating, cold beer, fall colors, Bar-B-Q....it just tastes better in the Fall, Brunswick Stew, Thanksgiving, football, World Series, football, our Anniversary, football.....I love it. My job has been absolutely stressing me out of late and fall is the cure...and it can't get here soon enough.

I know that we still have a week or so left in August and September is no cake walk in the south but those first leaves dropping just get my juices flowing.....60 degree highs here we come!

1 comment:

Judith said...

How cute!!! She's soooo adorable!