Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 17, 2009

Suprise retirement party...

So one of the cool things about my job is that I get to occasionally travel and while I hate being away from my girls...I love being out of the office. It's a sacrifice that I have to make and its a burden on Kim but we manage it pretty well since I'm not always gone every week.

Anyway...on this particular trip I drive right through the largest pecan grove that is split by a rural highway. I'm sure there are larger in terms of the number of trees but this one is absolutely amazing. Your probably saying big deal...its just pecan trees. But a true grove like this one is lined up perfectly, it is huge, and is just sort of pretty to look at. And just reminds me of what the old south was probably like many years ago. I don't know the age of the trees and I don't know what kind of yield one could expect from a grove like this, but it goes on for miles like this and I just like it. Perks of the job I suppose. (everyone thinks Adam is a nutjob now...no pun intended.)

So I fly back home, pick up Reese, and we get set to head to Calhoun for Nan's surprise retirement party. She has worked for the City of Calhoun for twenty-something years....(Kim couldn't remember and I don't know but its been a long time.) My aunt works there and my Grandmother's sister in-law works there (I don't know the appropriate title for that relation) and my dad works for the city as well so City Hall has sort of been a family affair for Kim's family and my own. There were some new faces at the party but you could obviously see that they all care for Nan and she will be missed.

Reese looks like she's on a phone. HELLO? HELLO?

















Reese did phenomenal at the party....she took a little nap and just hung out with all the ladies. Judith and Melissa fought over holding Reese and she didn't seem to mind a bit. Her little smiley personality is showing more and more everyday and she's even acting halfway decent in the carseat. I don't want to jinx it so that's all I'll say about it.


Thanks go out to the Hollis' for hosting the party. We had a good time and I know that Nan enjoyed the surprise.

Finally...check it out.....this Friday was the first pic so keep a watch on the other blog.

We've got a semi-busy weekend so there will be plenty to post Sunday. (I'm going to try to ride about 30 miles this weekend so I'm sure I'll be a little saddle sore then as well...yeah!....and you wanted to know that, I'm sure.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I know one of the girls in the retirement pic with Nan...Andrea Bramlett...we went to school together. Small world...
Cousin Julie
Cherrylog